Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Tea with a Kitty

If you have a cat... or have ever spent time with a cat... this might look familiar!

This is watercolor.  I may have overdone the layers just a bit, which is why the scan isn't exactly true to life, but I'm pretty happy with it.  (I have a problem with stopping a painting once I've started).

And, discovered the magical effects of adding a layer of water over a water color painting! It worked so well I tried it three or four (or five) more times... until the paper just wouldn't absorb any more water... or paint for that matter. 

But all in all, I'm pretty happy with this... I think I'd go for a more dynamic composition next time but, I think it's an overall improvement in the watercolor department, so I'll take it!

More to come! (Still working on those vikings... I've restarted twice and I think it may take one or two more passes before it's suitable for the internet :) ).




No comments:

Post a Comment